Friday, July 20, 2007

All Nostalgic and Ish

I got to thinking about all of the rap that I used to listen to when I was younger and how really Power 99 FM was the only station to really bang out to. When I decided to put EST and 3 X's Dope as my Real Hip Hop feature this week, I started thinking about the other rappers that really had Philly on back in the day. I don't know if yall remember MC Breeze, he was the first rap artist to be banned from radio and that song was DISCOMBOBULATORBUBALATOR
If you have never heard that song, you missed out and if you don't know about MC Breeze, click the link http://www.mcbreeze.com/bobulalyrics.html for his story and the lyrics to DISCOMBOBULATORBUBALATOR.

Here's an excerpt of what caused all of the controversy...

Chinese food can be real swell If you can go in the place and stand the smell Everything smells exactly the SAME They just switch it around and change the name Beef yock chow main and egg foo young They call it chop suey but it’s chopped dog tounge Sodas taste like shrimp fried rice and the candy bars are cold as ice- MC Breeze
I'm sitting here now, typing and singing the lyrics. If I ever find that damn song, I'm blasting it.

No comments: