Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Patti Labelle


This story came from an email that I received from Jawn Murray.

Singer Patti LaBelle has apparently made up with music executive Antonio "L.A." Reid and is supposedly in negotiations to resign with Def Soul Classics. LaBelle released two albums on Def Soul Classics - - Timeless Journey' and 'Classic Moments'-before she and Reid had a notorious falling out in mid-2005. LaBelle went on to release a gospel CD, 'The Gospel According to Patti,' on Jeryl Busby's Burgundy/Universal label. To date that CD has sold more than 120,000 units.

This will be a good look for Patti, I haven't had my bones chilled with a good Ms. LaBelle CD in a minute. I am still recycling older songs. I will be looking out for that and will keep you posted on those negotiations as I hear more.




No comments: